All of these daily cleanses can be incorporated into a healthy regimen.
Daily Cleansing Is Easy!
Cleansing is just a fancy word used to describe the act of "getting the junk out". We eat foods that have been compromised in some way either in the growing fields, or in the manufacturing plants. This is the price we pay for not growing our own fruits, roots and vegetables, and for not raising our own protein sources (cow, sheep, chicken, fish, pig), where we have complete control over the growth conditions.
Since we are ALL susceptible to pesticides, insecticides, growth hormones and antibiotics, solvents used in manufacturing, and chemicals used to preserve color and "freshness", we are ALL in need of cleansing. We might think we are living and eating organic, and escaping the chemical world, but we would be living in denial. There are too many chemical and electro-magnetic properties in our world for us to escape all of them. We are ALL toxic on some level.
The main lines of defense we have against the damage from these toxins is our Immune system, our detoxifying organs like the Liver, and our Intestines which expel the waste. If any of these systems/organs are compromised, our body is open to infection, disease and extreme toxicity.
The Daily Cleansing:
We are certain the ease of these daily cleanses will inspire you to investigate your own needs for further cleansing.
Lemon is good for your liver - It creates a more favorable pH in the body, and gets the digestive tract ready for ingestion of food.
1 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Milk Thistle - is an herb that is soothing, calming, and healing to the liver.
Whether you take the ground herb in capsules, or the extract of the herb in gelatin capsules, your liver will appreciate it. You will sleep better through the night, be less quick to anger and frustration, and encourage your liver to excrete more bile for healthier digestion. 400mg to 1000mg is a good beginning dose and can be increased to 4000mg if needed. Milk Thistle is so soothing that it can be taken every day with no issues.
Intestinal Health may require a bit more tender loving care ~
Gut flora (the friendly bacteria) balance is delicate and can be thrown out of balance with emotional upset, dietary changes, or intrusion of pathogens (unfriendly bacteria or parasites). One thing that helps our intestinal health more than anything is to make sure it is being emptied. We should have 1 to 3 bowel movements each day! Many Americans have a 2 to 4 day elimination cycle ~ this leads to putrification of the digested food within the body. The byproducts of fecal matter putrifying within the intestinal walls is devestating to the delicate lining of the intestines. It is imperative to eliminate often, because these toxic byproducts (if retained too long within the intestines) are re-absorbed by the body and can cause disease.
So, let's get things moving!!
- Water is THE most important element in bowel regularity. Just drink more. Everyday.
- Pro-Biotic supplementation can help bring balance of friendly bacteria to the intestines. It has been determined by the medical community that the proper balance of bacteria in the intestinal tract for optimum health is at least 80% beneficial bacteria and 20% harmful bacteria, but the typical person is just the opposite, with 80% bad and 20% good bacteria. Inner Eco is a wonderful brand.
- Dr. Miller's Holy Tea is a great, soothing, gentle, non-cramping drink that encourages the body to release excrement and also contains herbs that discourage yeast, parasites and mucus buildup. We discourage the use of stool softeners when used daily as the only means to eliminate. If you are not eliminating, there is a reason. Read and Reasearch the causes of constipation.
- Magnesium is a wonderful mineral to assist in more regular elimination. Natural Vitality's CALM magnesium powdered drink is our pick.
- Fiber is a must, be it through fruit and vegetable fiber, or a daily additive. When your colon becomes impacted or full of material, elimination becomes infrequent and your body will process fewer vitamins and minerals from your food. In Addition: When your digestive system cannot function properly or efficiently, toxins and waste products build up making a perfect breeding ground for harmful bacteria, sickness, and diseases. At the same time your body is not receiving the nutrition it needs to function at its maximum level. It’s no wonder the average person gets sick year after year with the same illnesses to which they should already be immune.
Do You Need To Cleanse? The answer is probably YES!
The average person uses only 10% of the nutrients in their food!
Clean out and restore the gut, and the percentage increases dramatically!